Monday, July 31, 2017

Newt Scamander: Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them

 
I will admit that I watched the movie before I read this book so I was pretty excited to pick this one up and return to the amazing world of Harry Potter, however, it was not quite what I was expecting. Based upon the fact that I saw the movie first, I assumed (I know I know) that this book was going to be more of an adventure story than an education book. I now know I should have read the screen play version of this book instead, but I had no idea there was one.

This book gives an in depth look at all the creature you encounter in Harry Potter and some that you do not (maybe in future books...fingers crossed) as well as I'm sure the screen play for the movie that I just became aware of. So I guess this is a very short review of the wrong book, lol. If you want to know more about the creature in Harry Potter, this one is for you. I did enjoy learning about the creature and probably would have enjoyed it more if I would have read it when I was first discovering Harry Potter many many years ago now. I know that it makes me want to reread the Harry potter series and I am so looking forward reading them to my child and my husband discovering them as he has not read them yet (no idea why not lol). Now I just have to get my hands on the screen play and read the book I meant to.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment