Sunday, April 2, 2017

Sean Platt & David W. Wright: Yesterday's Gone (Season 1)

Sean Platt and David Wright take readers on a  journey of what would happen if one day you woke up and everyone was gone:

Well almost everyone, there seem to be a few people that are still here alive, assuming everyone else is dead. The surviving few are different ages, gender, race, occupations and some are good and some are evil. It is unknown why they were chosen to survive and survive they must, as there is something more watching them. Side will be chosen, allies and enemies made, can the human race survive just on these "chosen" few.

This book was originally released in a serial format, but I received the first six episodes in one book. For me this book was a DNF and I hate that it was as the premise of the book had so much promise and intrigue for me. I was able to make it through one serial and half of the next section when I stopped reading, I lost interest in the entire book and where the authors were going with it. I think that due to the fact that it was in a serial so they needed to have each serial as a mini book instead of chapters and for me this affected the overall flow of the book. I think that the serial format hurt this book but maybe I would have thought differently if I had read it in the serial format instead of having it lumped together in a book as I would have had a break between the releases. Personally, I think the serial format is better suited for TV and honestly I could see this book as a TV show, just from how it was presented and written

I could not get in to the story or the characters and the characters I did find interesting had less sections from their viewpoints, which that takes me to my next point that there were too many characters. With too many characters there were too many different experiences and too much information about each one to not only keep them straight but also to understand what was going on in the book. 

I'm always disappointed when I'm unable to finish a book, but sometimes it just happens, and we all move on to a book that will hopefully be an amazing. If you have previously read a book that is serial in format then you may like this one as well, but it was not for me.

Cheers!!!
Instead of This,
Check These Books Out:
  http://j9books.blogspot.ca/2010/12/jl-bourne-day-by-day-armageddon.html  http://j9books.blogspot.ca/2017/03/ezekiel-boone-hatching.html

No comments:

Post a Comment